Financial AnalystJob ID 184035 Date posted 03/01/2018 Location Jacksonville, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group Jacksonville (Integrated TV and Radio Market) has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst, located in Jacksonville, FL and will be reporting to the location’s Director of Business Operations.
The Financial Analyst is a key member of the location’s finance team. This position will execute financial process, provide analysis, leadership and direction within the market. Position will work closely with local finance and operational leadership of various departments, as well as corporate finance to facilitate communication, alignment and execution of key initiatives. The Financial Analyst will participate in a wide range of both strategic and tactical activities.
• Development and implementation of analysis, modeling and reports to assist in both operations, financial management, forecast, budget and some accounting matters.
• Build strong relationships with all areas of the market in order to provide business decision support and partnering with areas such as budgeting, forecasting, and operations.
• Assist in manager’s understanding of financial results and operational drivers.
• Work hand in hand with operational department managers to ensure all finance policies and procedures are followed.
• Assist in preparation and review of monthly financial statements (including Forecast) and work closely with the finance manager, senior management and the broadcast management team to complete monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
• Responsible for Digital Profitability Tracking and Analysis
• Guide Enterprise Accounting analyst through the monthly close process to ensure accuracy and completeness based on variance analysis results
• Review select Balance Sheet reconciliations quarterly in partnership with Enterprise Accounting and assist in resolution of issues timely.
• Primary responsibility for expense management – budgeting, forecasting and approvals.
• Responsible for commission calculation and field based special pay submissions (bonus, spot pay and talent).
• Effective and representative of the finance team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox Media Group values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• 2-5 years of experience with a blend of operations, finance, strategy, with increasing responsibility a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field strongly desired. An MBA or CPA is a plus
• The ability to work effectively and influence at each level of the organization.
• Strong analytical skills required
• Effective and competent analytical and organizational skills required to meet multiple deadlines
• Strong leadership, communication, and interaction skills required.
• Advanced knowledge/proficiency with Excel required and experience with Oracle, Hyperion, and Microsoft Office a plus
• Ability to perform under pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters.
• Ability to analyze financials and deliver trending analyses.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, growth company environment (sense of urgency, adaptable, champion of change)
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs