General Sales ManagerJob ID 1810073 Date posted 06/20/2018 Location: Jacksonville, Florida Apply
CMG Jacksonville General Sales Manager - Radio
Cox Media Group Jacksonville seeks an experienced motivated sales leader to manage the sales strategies of our Radio and Digital assets. This individual will lead a team of Account Executives from Radio that will deliver on revenue goals from all revenue types including local direct, agency and digital. Manage all aspects of sales including coaching and developing staff, creating and implementing new business packages, overseeing sales promotions, managing inventory, forecasting revenue, packaging sports sales and recruiting/retaining top sales talent.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance management of talent Account Executives. Coaching, setting goals and working to keep them motivated and engaged.
- Maintain a pipeline of media sales professionals to build a strong talent pool for future needs
- Partners with CMG Corporate Product Portfolio team on the strategy and implementation of initiatives
- Coordinate sales efforts, develop multi-product marketing solutions and communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes and standards as they pertain to CMG’s media assets
- Conduct continuous research on the latest industry trends, preliminary tests and consumer behavior analysis to develop new ideas for the Jacksonville market to generate higher revenue
- Managing and pricing of Radio commercial inventory for optimal revenue generation.
- Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development
- Communicate clear expectations and hold account executives accountable for meeting goals
- Accurately forecast revenue to identify key strategies for increasing market share and product usage
- Complete budgetary responsibly for departmental expenses
- Provide leadership and set direction for sales team
- Maintain key advertiser relationships and community involvement
- Prefer at least 4 years sales management experience leading and developing sales teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization and analytical skills.
- Strong selling skills.
- Strategic planning, execution and new revenue development skills
- Proven track record of hiring and developing high performance sales professionals.
- Strong ability to grow people through feedback, performance management and internal training opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of digital sales processes, digital platforms, technology trends, customer buying patterns and budgeting
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-8000 Belfort Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our sales team is essential to our business growth. Our highly motivated team offers creative solutions to our client’s advertising needs. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Account Executive Jacksonville, Florida