Media Account SpecialistLocation: US-FL-Jacksonville Job Number 1718365 Brand Cox Television Jacksonville, LLC
Cox Media Group Jacksonville has an immediate opening for a Radio + TV Media Account Specialist to assist in all aspects of local sales. The Radio + TV Media Account Specialist will be responsible providing customer support for a team of Account Executives by working closely with them to develop; long-term customer relationships, while meeting established sales goals. The Radio + TV Media Account Specialist will be the direct point of contact for local CMG clients, maintaining orders from the start of the flight through the posting process, handling requests such as promotional support, invoice requests, copy creation and many more exciting parts of the sales process. Emphasis on multi-platform and Digital sales support. The Radio + TV Media Account Specialist will be assigned to a team of Account Executives and report to the GSM Radio /LSM TV. The CSC will also can generate leads for the sales team and join the sellers on these sales calls. This position is for someone aspiring to become an Account Executive.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RADIO + TV MEDIA ACCOUNT SPECIALIST:
- Planning, co-ordination and execution of sales promotions as needed by Radio and TV AES.
- Work with promotions coordinators and marketing directors at Radio and TV to produce creative and detailed promotional proposals for clients within deadlines.
- Prepare appropriate internal paperwork so ensure flawless execution of promotions including handling makegoods (using research data), NA’s and Program changes.
- Manage posting and exact times (pre and post logs).
- Prepare recaps for clients at the culmination of each TV + Radio promotion or campaign.
- Interface with the TV and Radio Sales Management and Traffic personnel to work through clearance issues. Will work with Radio + TV Account Executives and clients for approvals, as well as providing paperwork and documentation for Account Managers, clients and traffic for the make goods.
- Vet and research TV and Radio station credits/adjustments – figure out alternative options to taking credits if possible.
- Enter sales orders and production orders for radio stations on a daily basis by the deadlines.
- Review orders as they are received and vetting them for any rate or buying discrepancies before entering.
- Assist in developing and executing good strategy for client relations including keeping up to date client contact list for CMG Jax, assisting in formal correspondence and client appreciation.
- Provide clients with answers to questions regarding spot times, invoices, competitive spending and promotional support.
- Maintain client records, proposals/ pending avails through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation and updating on a consistent basis.
- Foster positive relationships within TV and Radio departments, clients and the Account Managers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Marketron, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to compose correspondence as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate professionally with all levels of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organization skills, with attention to detail accuracy and follow-up.
- Able to work as part of a group, and with all levels of department personnel with tact and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Previous sales/customer service/media experience preferred
- Deadline and detail oriented
- College Degree or minimum of 1 year’s equivalent experience in a sales or sales support role preferred.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing