Media Account SpecialistJob ID 1810233 Date posted 06/29/2018 Location Jacksonville, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group Jacksonville has an immediate opening for a Radio + TV Media Accounts Specialist to assist in all aspects of local and national sales. The Radio + TV Media Accounts Specialist will be responsible providing customer support for a team of Account Executives by working closely with them to develop; long-term customer relationships, while meeting established sales goals. The Radio + TV Media Accounts Specialist will be the direct point of contact for local CMG clients, maintaining orders from the start of the flight through the posting process, handling requests such as promotional support, invoice requests, copy creation, assist in making good missed spots on radio and TV, and many more exciting parts of the sales process. Emphasis on multi-platform and Digital sales support. The Radio + TV Media Accounts Specialist will be assigned to a team of Account Executives and report to the GSM Radio /LSM TV. The MAS will also can generate leads for the sales team and join the sellers on these sales calls. In addition, this position will assist in the duties of the National Sales Assistant as support for National Sales.
- Assist AE in making good missed spots on radio and TV, will need to become familiar with both TV and Radio spot inventory in Wide Orbit
- Planning, co-ordination and execution of sales promotions as needed by Radio and TV AES.
- Work with promotions coordinators and marketing directors at Radio and TV to produce creative and detailed promotional proposals for clients within deadlines.
- Prepare appropriate internal paperwork so ensure flawless execution of promotions including handling makegoods (using research data), NA’s and Program changes.
- Manage posting and exact times (pre and post logs).
- Prepare recaps for clients at the culmination of each TV + Radio promotion or campaign.
- Interface with the TV and Radio Sales Management and Traffic personnel to work through clearance issues. Will work with Radio + TV Account Executives and clients for approvals, as well as providing paperwork and documentation for Account Managers, clients and traffic for the make goods.
- Vet and research TV and Radio station credits/adjustments – figure out alternative options to taking credits if possible.
- Enter sales orders and production orders for radio stations on a daily basis by the deadlines.
- Review orders as they are received and vetting them for any rate or buying discrepancies before entering.
- Assist in developing and executing good strategy for client relations including keeping up to date client contact list for CMG Jax, assisting in formal correspondence and client appreciation.
- Provide clients with answers to questions regarding spot times, invoices, competitive spending and promotional support.
- Maintain client records, proposals/ pending avails through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation and updating on a consistent basis.
- Foster positive relationships within TV and Radio departments, clients and the Account Managers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Wide Orbit and Marketron is preferred.
- Ability to compose correspondence as necessary.
- Ability to create simple 1st round media avails for AE’s
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate professionally with all levels of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organization skills, with attention to detail accuracy and follow-up.
- Able to work as part of a group, and with all levels of department personnel with tact and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Previous sales/customer service/media traffic experience/advertising agency experience/media experience in TV and/or Radio preferred
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Professional appearance
College Degree or minimum of 1 year’s equivalent experience in a sales or sales support role preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing