Sales AssistantJob ID 1817985 Date posted 11/19/2018 Location: Jacksonville, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group – Jacksonville has an immediate opening for a Local Sales Assistant to assist in all aspects of local sales support including the creation, processing, stewarding, and reconciliation of broadcast television orders.
The Local Sales Assistant will work closely with a team of television Account Executives to create advertising contracts, make changes and revisions to existing orders, and ready them for approval processing. Other responsibilities include creating spreadsheets, running reports, creating presentations, and other tasks as assigned by sales management.
- Work hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm with a 1-hour break for lunch.Must be reliable.
- Accurately create and enter new orders into Wide Orbit so that they are processed into Traffic error-free.
- Accurately revise existing orders.
- Must be trustworthy with confidential information.
- Foster positive relationships with sales personnel and employees in other departments.
- College degree and prior media experience preferred
- 1-3 years data entry or similar experience
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.) and the ability to learn new software and computer programs thoroughly and quickly
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced, energetic group work setting
- Professional appearance and attire
- Must physically be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our sales team is essential to our business growth. Our highly motivated team offers creative solutions to our client’s advertising needs. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.