WOKV News AnchorLocation Jacksonville, Florida Job Number 173115 Brand CMG Jacksonville Radio
- Arrives prepared for writing and anchoring stories
- Spends at least 15 minutes proofreading all produced local and national stories, editing for improvement and process storytelling as needed.
- Is involved in discussion of coverage plans for top local and top national stories, other reporting assignments.
- Writes stories and edits sound based on need (Top Story, Super Power, Power, Regular, Memorable).
- Hunts for sound to existing stories that improves the quality of the story selection.
- Anchors newscasts on WOKV weekdays
- Finds compelling stories, photos, video for Facebook posts and writes a story for air to connect it together.
- Posts stories, photos, teases to Twitter always connecting to related content.
- Uses a personal Twitter account actively, following CMG social media guidelines.
- Writes stories for WOKV.COM using Medley; searches for all related content to enhance the story production for digital.
- Uses WOKV Instagram daily, following scheduling guidelines.
- Uses WOKV App tools to enhance story coverage (open mic, poll, link, photo/video, updated manual list).
- Engages daily in the WOKV.COM grid layout by making necessary changes.
- Monitors competitors for stories and content; works to confirm independently and produce for WOKV.
- Engages daily with Action News Assignment Desk and anchors by phone, email, and in person when necessary.
- Offers story ideas for daily assignment sheet and shares story ideas with other CMG News properties (email, phone).
- Conducts interviews via phone/in person for stories that will run through the day on WOKV.
- Writes stories as new content comes in to the newsroom.
- Anchors long-form coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- Attends training, observes execution of severe weather coverage.
- Communicates story coverage with other anchors and reporters throughout the scheduled shift using the assignment sheet and email.
- Leave recorded wraps (3 versions) and web story on a top story for the next daypart.
- Attends CMG Jacksonville meetings and training opportunities as they fit work requirements.
What skills and talents are required?
- An energetic journalist that is fully engaged in the daily news product.
- A consistently dependable anchor that is ambitious and willing to take on new assignments.
- An anchor that is relentless in the pursuit of the perfect newscast.
- A consistent producer of compelling stories for all digital and social assets.
- An anchor capable of hosting long-form coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- A personality capable of filling in as host of Jacksonville’s Morning News.
***Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; Makes sure audience understands and retains the message (story)
***Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of productivity; Operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination
**Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for completion of assignments; self-imposing standards of excellence
**Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; Keeps commitments; Behaves consistently
**Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team and completing goals
***Adaptability: Tries to understand changes; Approaches change or newness positively; Adjusts behaviors
**Continuous Improvement: Assesses opportunities; Determines causes, Targets improvement ideas, Implements effective improvements
**Managing Work (Time Management): Prioritizes; Makes preparations; Schedules; Leverages resources; Stays focused
*Resilience: Remains positive; Maintains focus on work
*Stress Tolerance: Maintains focus; Maintains relationships, copes effectively
CoxMedia Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-8000 Belfort Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing