Writer Producer NewsJob ID 1814451 Date posted 09/17/2018 Location: Jacksonville, Florida Apply
Our newscasts are fast-paced, hard news-driven. We believe in consistent constructive feedback and accountability. We are looking for producers who have a passion for news, who want to learn and grow, and who take ownership of their shows. This is a breaking news market, so we teach producers to make changes quickly and communicate effectively, both in the newsroom and in the control room.
- CBS47 & FOX30, the Cox-owned stations in Jacksonville have an opening for a Producer.
- The successful candidate must have sharp journalistic skills, technical knowledge, high ethical standards, be creative and have polished production skills.
- Our producers work closely with managers, assignment editors, reporters, directors, editors, graphic artists and promotion producers daily - crafting contemporary, fast-paced newscasts with an emphasis on a high story count, breaking news and big weather coverage.
- The Producers will also write content for our digital platforms.
- The Producers report to the Senior Executive Producer.
- 1-3 year of experience in a news / line producing environment in a news gathering organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism preferred
- Commercial TV news experience preferred
- A thorough understanding of newsroom systems, including ENPS, Newsticker, Chyron and non-linear editing, is a plus.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs