Manager AssignmentJob ID 1719954 Date posted 12/15/2017 Location Memphis, Tennessee Apply
- The Fox 13 Assignment Manager is an aggressive news gatherer, and a digitally savvy individual who lives and breathes news. Excellent at logistics, with the ability to sort through clutter to mine for the most important and on brand stories of the day.
- They are responsible for utilizing our editorial systems and processes, disseminating information to our news team with an appropriate level of urgency, and have the emotional intelligence which allows them to listen to their team while executing the needs of the organization flawlessly.
- The Fox 13 Assignment Manager is the air traffic controller of the newsroom. They utilize existing systems for the gathering and distribution of daily content, and work with their team to develop new content delivery processes
- As the leader of the Assignment team they must be highly skilled at all aspects of our digital delivery with the ability to stay nimble; they are required to refocus their priorities on a consistent basis and work closely with both the Desk and Digital teams to ensure success both digitally and with the distribution of internal information.
- Organization skills are highly coveted; editors are required to keep our internal communication systems accurate and updated without fail.
- Breaking News and Weather is the lifeblood of a strong newsroom and the ability of the Assignment Editor to execute relentlessly is a primary focus. They are expected to fact gather quickly, investigate and staff any occurring coverage with what it takes to win the story of the moment.
- Excellent communicator who leads the clear and rapid communication of all stories for the news team, keep up to date daily logging of the content we’ve gathered while planning ahead for what will be gathered next.
- Strong listening skills with the ability to decipher critical information and manage the content accordingly.
- Decisive decision maker with multi-tasking abilities
- Critical thinking skills inherent to the process of gathering and distributing daily content which will lead us to brand success.
- College Degree desired with a number of years working in an active newsroom.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing