Nightside Writer/ProducerLocation Memphis, Tennessee Job Number 1615272 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
Cox Media Group and WHBQ Memphis are seeking an experienced Nightside Writer/Producer to join their growing team!
- Write research-based, process-driven, brand reinforcing active-language topical and series scripts to drive viewers to our newscasts. Topicals and series scripts should always provide a promise of coverage and value to the viewer.
- Write research-based image scripts for news, weather, and investigative and digital campaigns.
- Write Proof of Performance and PSA scripts.
- Writing should be on-brand, urgent and creative.
- Edit topical promotions in Adobe Premiere.
- Base edits of series and image promotions in Adobe premiere.
- Editing should be creative and be able to tell the story to the viewer.
- Edit daily/weekly syndicated promotions.
- Work with Promotion Manager, Design and Digital Departments to create digital marketing campaigns for news, weather and digital products. These campaigns will contain multiple types of ad sizes and ROS parameters.
- Work with Digital Executive Producer to provide digital content/graphics for both social and digital platforms.
- Have working knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic systems.
- Fill out daily/weekend promotional logs
- Create promotional cart numbers and contracts
- Assist in production of department image shoots; grip, production assist and lighting.
- Assist in station community affairs and promotional initiatives; organizing and attending station events where station talent will be present.
- Candidates should have experience in multi-platform promotion: on-air, web, social and mobile.
- Applicants must have editing experience and an outstanding demo reel showcasing your writing and creative prowess.
- This job requires very fast decision making with tight time deadlines.
- This is an amazing opportunity to work for one of the best companies in broadcasting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- College degree is highly preferred.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing