Part Time Associate Digital Content ProducerJob ID 1816155 Date posted 10/16/2018 Location: Memphis, Tennessee Apply
A Fox 13 Digital Associate Producer operates as a member of our Editorial Team. This is a position that will touch all facets of our product on all platforms. As an entry level Associate, they will be trained on operational aspects of our Digital Desk (both web specific and desk driven) and as a support player for our producing team. Candidate should be a strong writer, skilled at multi-tasking, passionate in their quest for knowledge, and proficient at staying on top of what’s happening throughout the day.
• Track story developments and communicate to the team as needed
• Stay on top of Breaking News both locally and nationally
• Develop broadcast and or digital copy and for editorial review and publication
• Create elements to enhance digital experience; slide shows, text over video, clipping of video elements, etc.
• Refocus priorities as needed based on news developments
• Work with Fox 13 Meteorologists as a liaison to help bring the weather story to life within our broadcasts and on our digital platforms
• Understand operations of our Assignment Desk, answer viewer calls and questions and mine for story tips
• Communicate with the public via email and social media in a voice that represents our station brand
• Cull our Social Media sites for comments and content to help drive our editorial processes
• Strong verbal communicator able to work in fast paced often hectic environment
• Excellent writing skills with ability to turn flawless copy under strict deadlines
• Decisive decision maker with ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of our tri-state region beneficial but not required
College Degree desired
This is an early career position which provides the employee opportunity to learn most aspects of newsroom operations.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs