PT Production AssistantLocation Memphis, Tennessee Job Number 163946 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
WHBQ, Cox Media Group Memphis, has a great opportunity for a Part-Time Production Assistant/Operator. When the news is happening, we are at work, so you’ll need to be prepared to work contributing to our broadcast and digital platforms.
- Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
- Controls teleprompter.
- Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
- Maintains studio lighting.
- Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates the audio console during live news broadcasts.
- Operates video and graphics machines for newscasts
- Operates audio console during the recording of station produced local programming.
- Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned
- Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or related field
- Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
- Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
- Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
- Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
- Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls.
- Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
- Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props.
- Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality.
- Good hearing to receive director commands.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing