Traffic AssistantLocation: US-TN-Memphis Job Number 1719591 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
- I thrive working in a fast paced environment and deadline driven
- I work well with all types of people
- I can keep track of a lot of details and never drop the ball
- I am great looking at an issue from various perspectives
- I enjoy solving problems
- I am cool, calm & collected in a crisis
- I love Television
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in the multi-media industry. We are looking for an outgoing self-starter, to work in our traffic department at WHBQ. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment. The ideal candidate has a “can-do” attitude, great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently.
- Assigns house numbers to all new or revised spots received from a variety of delivery methods to be placed on a dub list.
- Prints and date-stamps all traffic instructions received via email, fax or form submission.
- Communicates with ad agencies, master control, sales, creative services department in reference to information on commercial spots and traffic instructions
- Preempts all spots from an active log that do not have traffic instructions by deadline.
- Sends confirmation requests via fax or email.
- Maintains copy filing system and purges expired copy instructions as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of digital delivery systems. Maintains digital spot file(s).
- Applies scripts for co-op advertisers prior to invoicing.
- Balance priorities
- Prepare reports for management as needed
- Crossed trained on all positions in the department
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but will also consider experience; at least 2-4 years in radio or television. WideOrbit experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills. Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales orders, written instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Possess strong analytical problem solving skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing