Media StrategistJob ID 183465 Date posted 02/21/2018 Location New York, New York Apply
Gamut provides compelling solutions connecting advertisers with engaged users and publishers with quality brands. As the only company to offer the largest integrated source of premium national reach and local engagement including 7,000+ specialty content and 1,300 local sites. We maximize revenue for advertisers, agencies, and publishers.
Gamut provides a top tier benefits package, competitive salaries, employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire exceptionally talented, motivated and creative individuals who share our passion for excellence in product and service.
An Advertising Media Strategist develops campaigns for clients that increase brand awareness and generate return on investment. The Strategist is the primary point of contact for our valued clientele. An Advertising Media Strategist must assess each client’s KPI’s/campaign goals, and create a custom strategic approach for the advertiser to achieve those goals by utilizing all of the tools in Gamut’s product set. These products span all forms of digital media including digital video, audio, display, mobile, high impact, publisher direct and social channels. The strategist should also be able to identify opportunities to incorporate various data, targeting, and attribution tactics to enhance performance. It is also important to have a knowledge of cross platform approaches that incorporate linear TV, radio and print. This person must also communicate how Gamut can bring the most value to an integrated campaign. The strategist will work with client services teams to identify key opportunities with both existing and prospective clients and develop actionable insights. Ongoing campaign management includes but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting any campaign issues and communicating effective solutions with clients, publishers, ad ops and sales.
- Maintaining client and publisher relationships.
- Tracking IOs, RIOs and relevant documents/campaign info into internal CRM system.
- Aggregating and organizing creative specifications for media placements.
- Maintaining general campaign awareness, working with ad ops to ensure placements are running properly and performing according to Gamut’s standards of quality.
- Providing stellar customer service to all of our clients.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional experience in supporting both pre and post-sales operations and client relationship management to join us as a Media Strategist. This position will support the Media sales team and manage a variety of GAMUT clients such as Publishers, Advertisers and Agencies.
The ideal Media Strategist candidate will have strong client service skills and possess the ability to support multiple customers simultaneously. Duties will vary from assisting customer inquiries to managing ongoing advertising campaigns to helping maintain long-term customer relationships. The ideal candidate will demonstrate both the ability to work well with clients and multiple team members and to quickly master complex logistics of online advertising campaign management. A superb Media Strategist will understand the “big-picture” as well as the importance of meeting deadlines and providing a level of service (both internally and externally) that reflects on the quality of Gamut’s brand.
- ·Negotiate media rates with publishers, maintain publisher/vendor relationships.
- ·Support a team of dynamic Account Executives: communicate effectively with sales to help the team accomplish specific revenue goals.
- ·Incorporate strategic, targeted and innovative elements into campaigns.
- ·Work with insights and analytics in the “pre-planning” phase to incorporate research into overall strategy.
- ·Maintain an active awareness on new trends and growth within the interactive media marketplace.
- ·Build and maintain client relationships to optimize revenue.
- ·Troubleshoot campaign issues, provide creative solutions,
- ·Oversee campaign planning and strategy by assessing brand briefs and coming up with creative solutions.
- ·Make smart recommendations based on assessing needs.
- ·Work directly with internal departments to iron out campaign issues, performance and structure.
- ·Maintain a high level of customer service by communicating with clients, executing requests and proactively responding, as appropriate.
- ·Responsible for the preparation of sales proposals and sales presentations to Media Planners/Buyers in a timely manner, which may require extensive formatting utilizing Power Point, Word or Excel.
- Excellent client presentation, negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising concepts and products as well as a familiarity with offline media concepts
- Familiarity around KPIs, industry benchmarks, and how best to achieve those success metrics
- Analytically driven to make business decisions
- Knowledge of multiple distribution channels (online vs. commercial and retail)
- Proven track record in delivering online KPI results against forecasts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math and media plan execution
- 2 years supporting either a digital media buying, selling department or other related media experience
- Familiarity with basic digital UI’s, CRM tools and 3rd party data a large plus
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive requests. A refined sense of urgency to meet deadlines is a major plus
- The ability to multitask and “do what it takes” start-up attitude
- Must be a team player
- Preferable experience in client relationship management for online media, post sales consulting and/or project management
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry and ad serving technologies is a big plus
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NY-New York-885 2nd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing