National Account DirectorLocation New York, New York Job Number 1712903 Brand CMG Corporate Services
- Sales/Revenue Responsibility - 100%
- Prospect, set meetings, build proposals, present and close revenue across named websites
- Exceed weekly activity goals of sales calls, new client prospecting and sales pipeline
- Strategically develop, create and sell unique, custom sponsorship opportunities across named websites
- Develop new business from non-existing clients, agencies of record and direct advertisers
- Ability to show a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates and packaging
- Necessary to evolve with digital technology and adapt to new product offerings for clients
- Complete understanding of programmatic landscape
- Working independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy and other key issues.
- Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts and revenue projections through a CRM
- Own the entire sales process and retention cycle
- Strategically manage the revenue for clients/agencies by leveraging data and analytics to identify areas of opportunity for growth and ROI enhancement.
- Develop in-depth understanding of clients, their marketing strategies, their organization (decision makers/influencers), and their agencies.
- Strengthen direct client relationships at multiple levels in the organization.
- Develop strong relationships and provide excellent ongoing communication with agencies to ensure they are clearly informed in a timely manner of all opportunities.
- Partner closely with agencies to develop efficient preprint targeting strategies and executions for our shared clients.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing accounts and introducing cross-media advertising strategies when the opportunity arises.
- Build and maintain relationships with external clients and internal departments to meet and exceed revenue and business goals.
- Align clients' sales strategies with strategic marketing positions.
- Partner with CMO's, and other Executives clients and agencies to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
- Team selling in conjunction with other CMG media colleagues and partners; particularly may require collaboration with AJC sales team on certain named accounts
- Minimum 8 years with strong preference for 10 years in outside media sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas. Preferably in the US Hispanic Market
- IAB certification a plus
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal} in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Above average knowledge of digital technology
- Exceptional problem solver - especially when competing with software and technology
- Strong business development focus
- High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Excellent analytic and presentation skills; along with negotiating strategy capabilities.
- Multi-market selling experience a plus.
- Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
- Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and industry
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Salesforce
- The ability to work at various levels with clients and advertising agencies at all levels of organization; including C-level.
- Solid ability to identify new revenue opportunities
- The ability to overcome objections
- The ability to sell using research
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects
- Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
- Extensive and ongoing industry information gathering through various resources such as trade publications, competitive media, and industry functions, the Internet
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NY-New York-261 Madison Ave
Other Locations: Miami,US,FL,,33101
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing