Maintenance SupervisorLocation: US-GA-Norcross Job Number 1718530 Brand The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the Maintenance department and staff to ensure proper maintenance of the mechanical and/or electrical systems at the Gwinnett County Printing Plant (GCPP). This position has secondary responsibility for administering the plants' preventative maintenance (PM) programs for the mechanical and electrical maintenance departments.
Supervises day to day activities of the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance departments (30%)
·Work closely with the other departments in Production Operations making adjustments to schedule as necessary to meet current needs.
·Interfaces with vendors, customers, and managers in order to achieve goals and ensure proper maintenance of the building.
·Administers the PM programs at GCPP and assists the Maintenance Manager in the implementation of these programs.
·Partners with Safety Manager to ensure safety standards are achieved and safety goals are met.
·Provides constructive feedback and conducts disciplinary action to address employee performance issues.
·Ensures performance and development of subordinates as well as adherence to all company policies and procedures.
·Continuously reviews, develops and refines maintenance practices at GCPP to improve the quality, efficiency and productivity of all of the building's systems.
Performs routine maintenance duties to ensure efficient operation of the GCPP production facilities and equipment (70%)
·Troubleshoots and repairs production equipment.
·Performs routine PM's as assigned in a timely manner.
·Maintains a clean and safe work area and promptly respond to all trouble calls.
·Reports on all work done and parts used.
·Studies blueprints, sketches, measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, micrometer, caliper, and scriber.
·Dismantles machine or equipment, using hand tools or power tools, to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
·Replaces defective part with new part.
·Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
·Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment to ensure machine efficiency.Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Engineering Technologyor Certification from approved technical school or 10 relevant technical work experience
- 5+ years experience in mechanical or electrical maintenance of industrial equipment and building systems
- 2+ years of maintenance supervisory experience, required.
- Newspaper background a plus.
- Ability to work flexible schedule on all shifts occasionally.
- Able to run Lathe, Milling Machine, and Surface Grinder to make parts, as required.
- May weld parts using arc or gas welding equipment to provide repairs.
- Good communication and interpersonalskills
- Capable of taking initiative and working in a fast paced, diverse-team environment.
- Ability to understand English and take/follow instructions
- Strong troubleshooting and equipment repairs skills (i.e. can work unsupervised)
- Must be able to work overtime, and holidays as required.
- May be required to assist other departments or any other part of building as needed.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Norcross-6455 Best Friend Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing