Part Time Packaging AssociateJob ID 180825 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location Norcross, Georgia Apply
- Packaging Associates perform a variety of insert functions, initially in the hopper feeder function.
- Associates will be responsible for placing preprints and jackets two-page to 100 pages or more in hopper feeder machine.
- Maintain quality and prevent product waste by ensuring all usable (feedable) parts are inserted into machine and stacked properly.
- Maintain insert machine operation by continuously placing product in machine and immediately respond to machine stops by following established procedures.
- Ensure that all electric joggers are shut- off during all breaks, and at the end of the shift. Promptly inform pallet jack operators when product supply is low for replenishment.
- Remove empty skids to assigned location, to enable placement of a full skid.
- Report to Machine Operator immediately when rotating to machine that isn’t running or needing reassignment.
- Training opportunities may be available to work in other positions including stacker operator, palletizer, or pallet jack equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Warehouse and/or production experience desired
- Good communication and interpersonal (people) skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a fast paced, diverse- team environment
- Ability to take, read and follow instructions
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a 24/7 production/warehouse environment
- Position requires the ability stand and work with hand and eye coordination, work in noisy production environment, and work independently in a close, diverse group setting
- Candidates selected will be expected to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift, weekends, holidays and OT as needed. Experience Forklift or pallet jack experience a plus
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Norcross-6455 Best Friend Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing