Job ID: 1818768
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
Cox Media Group – Orlando Radio is currently seeking an Account Executive that has the ability to build influential relationships with existing clientele and has a proven track record of developing new revenue streams.
As an Account Executive, you will be highly compensated for your performance as you work closely with local business owners to create and implement advertising campaigns using station resources such as commercial advertising, event marketing, promotions, and internet advertising. At Cox Media Group Orlando Radio, the Sales and Marketing staff believe in accountability, dedication, professionalism, honesty, communication, resources and integrity.
- This position requires a highly motivated and committed player who will help to maximize existing customer base and develop profitable new opportunities for both advertiser and station.
- As an Account Executive you will focus on uncovering customer's marketing challenges and develop solutions that will help them to meet their goals using our radio station's resources.
- You will be tasked with generating revenue for the station by selling advertising ideas and concepts to these local business owners.
- You will need to grow existing customers, prospect new business through targeting non-radio spending accounts, overcome objections and solve problems to get the work done.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience preferred
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Minimum of 2 years of new business development and prospecting experience required
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Relationship building skills are key and candidate must have a winning, positive attitude.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing