Job ID: 189506
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
Cox Media Group is seeking an Integrated Account Executive to represent our diverse sales portfolio of TV, Radio and Digital assets. This role will support Cox Media Group Orlando.
In this dynamic role you will partner with small to medium sized businesses to create effective Integrated Marketing programs that bring increased revenues to their business. You will be responsible for developing assigned markets; growing and increasing revenues from high potential prospects and existing accounts. Primary responsibility will be to achieve stated product revenue goals by applying audience based solutions to meet or exceed their clients’ needs.
You will be accountable for achieving and exceeding sales objectives with an emphasis on new business development within primary verticals such asautomotive, healthcare, and home services.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about getting their clients results with creative problem solving and is excited to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving media landscape.
- WORK FOR TRUSTED MEDIA BRANDS. CMG’s award-winning brands reach 52 million Americans weekly through 100 news outlets that span more than 20 markets.
- TRANSFORM THE MEDIA INDUSTRY. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
- WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Cox provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for spouses and domestic partners, paid time off, and an enhanced 401(k) for eligible employees.
- OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, hackathons, ongoing training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
- WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. Every CMG location actively volunteers or contributes financial and valuable publicity support to nonprofit partners.
- Demonstrate and exhibit knowledge of digital media products and applications, including (but not limited to): SEO/SEM, mobile, social, reputation management, targeted ads (geo-fenced, behavioral) and how they work with each other
- Knowledge of TV and/or Radio product solutions
- Responsible for prospecting and closing new business accounts
- Responsible for developing creative solutions based on advertiser needs/wants
- Provide superior customer service; responding to client needs in a timely manner
- Strategically develop client presentations, utilizing above average presentation skills
- Develop and maintain client lists, meet and exceed quarterly sales budgets and goals
- Can effectively understand and communicate campaign performance to align KPIs with ROI/attribution
- 1 to 2 years’ sales, marketing, or advertising experience
- Proven track record of sales success
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong understanding of Media (Including Television, Radio & Digital)
- Strong business development focus
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Google and Facebook Certifications are a plus
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and professional
- Sales Marketing experience preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing