Associate ProducerJob ID 185099 Date posted 03/23/2018 Location Orlando, Florida Apply
- Competently completes TV newscast scripts while consistently incorporating station research and manager coaching.
- Stays up to speed on major local stories & national stories relevant to Central Florida without being asked.
- Masters other newsroom duties that support the line producers and the newscasts. This can include tasks like coordinating liveshots, and special event coverage like breaking news, elections, storms/hurricanes, etc.
- Identifies what facts may be missing in local stories and makes calls to get those answers.
- Participates in relevant newsroom meetings and training seminars.
- Covers changing dayparts as necessary; nights, overnights, and weekends should all be expected.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing