MeteorologistJob ID 1815151 Date posted 10/02/2018 Location: Orlando, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group – WFTV is in search of a weekend morning Meteorologist for station newscasts. The successful candidate should have completed the Certified Broadcast Meteorology program through the American Meteorological Society. On air, this position requires strong presentation and communication skills, which include the ability to execute extended coverage during severe weather situations. The successful candidate must be passionate about providing engaging content and maximizing new technology on all platforms. Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist. Bi-lingual preferred.
• Deliver on-air forecasts for station newscasts.
• Produce and prepare weather graphics and information.
• Provide forecast information and engaging content to digital platforms.
• Report for station newscasts.
• Thorough understanding of social media and demonstrated ability to move audience between all platforms.
• Desire to connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing at important events.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism, Communications or Science preferred.
• Completion of Certified Broadcast Meteorology (CBM) program through the American Meteorology Society (AMS) is required.
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a broadcast meteorologist is required.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism.
• Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be part of a team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Reporter Orlando, Florida