Part-Time ProducerJob ID 188841 Date posted 06/07/2018 Location: Orlando, Florida Apply
Orlando’s News 96.5 WDBO has an immediate opening for a part time producer/board-op. This producer position will put you right in the middle of a fast paced news environment. You will be technical producer for syndicated shows as well as breaking news and severe weather situations. This position will work closely with our news team, and is a vital part of the operation. Candidates should be able to run a board and feel confident on air.
- First and foremost – Flawless technical execution (running the board) for syndicated talk shows as well as breaking news and severe weather events.
- Must run a ‘tight’ board and follow format clock.
- Will operate Wheatstone Console, Wide Orbit Automation, ISDNs, Comrex Access and other broadcast equipment.
- Will contribute to content prep, production, idea generation, and other duties related to the execution of content.
- Update and maintain station website/social media.
- Monitor multiple sources for breaking news, traffic problems and weather alerts.
- Help gather/generate news content for newscasts and live shows.
- Must have at least one year on-air, production, producing or other radio broadcast experience.
- Previous experience with Wide Orbit automation systems and radio console is a plus.
- Should be proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Should be proficient with Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment with a shared vision for success.
- Must be willing to learn additional skills related to producing a morning show.
- Must be flexible with work hours and able to work nights & weekends.
- Must have experience generating and distributing content on websites/social media platforms.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must have valid drivers license; no criminal history
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.