Producer Mmkt PTLocation Orlando, Florida Job Number 176261 Brand CMG Orlando Radio
Orlando’s News 96.5 WDBO has an immediate opening for a part time producer/board-op. This producer position will put you right in the middle of a fast paced news environment. You will be technical producer for syndicated shows as well as breaking news and severe weather situations. This position will work closely with our news team, and is a vital part of the operation. Candidates should be able to run a board and feel confident on air.
- First and foremost – Flawless technical execution (running the board) for syndicated talk shows as well as breaking news and severe weather events.
- Must run a ‘tight’ board and follow format clock.
- Will operate Wheatstone Console, Wide Orbit Automation, ISDNs, Comrex Access and other broadcast equipment.
- Will contribute to content prep, production, idea generation, and other duties related to the execution of content.
- Update and maintain station website/social media.
- Monitor multiple sources for breaking news, traffic problems and weather alerts.
- Help gather/generate news content for newscasts and live shows.
- Prefer 2-3 years of on-air and production experience.
- Previous experience with Wide Orbit automation systems and radio console is a plus.
- Should be proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Should be proficient with Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment with a shared vision for success
- Must be willing to learn additional skills related to producing a morning show.
- Must be flexible with work hours.
- Must have experience generating and distributing content on websites/social media platforms
- Must be detail oriented
- Must work well under pressure
- Must have valid drivers license; no criminal history
Click here to search and apply for this job or any other jobs with Cox Media Group and WDBO-FM in which you may be interested. Please note that you may be required to create a job search account with us if you don’t have one already. Thank you for your interest in WDBO-FM and Cox Media Group.
Cox Media Group, a subsidiary of Atlanta-based, an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at .
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing