ReporterJob ID 1812544 Date posted 08/22/2018 Location: Orlando, Florida Apply
Orlando’s News 96.5 WDBO has an immediate opening for a part time news reporter/anchor You must be able to report and gather news in a fast paced breaking news environment. The right candidate will have experience covering breaking news on-air and in the field. Candidates must be able to run a board and deliver the news.
- Flawless execution in delivering newscasts or live reports.
- Quick to react and gather information on breaking stories.
- Familiar with newsmakers in the Orange, Seminole and Osceola county area.
- Ability to gather interviews in the field from news makers or witnesses.
- Update station website and push alerts as needed.
- Prefer 2-3 years of on-air experience. Should be proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Should be proficient with Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment with a shared vision for success
- Must be flexible with work hours, including weekends and occasional overnights.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must have valid driver’s license
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs