Director SalesLocation: US-PA-Pittsburgh Job Number 1719583 Brand WPXI-TV
Overall responsibility for the revenue of local, national, new business and digital for CMG Pittsburgh. Planning and execution of the platform’s sales plans while reinforcing a positive work environment. The DOS will report directly to the General Manager.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and be financially responsible for sales operating budget.
• Create and oversee sales plan for local, national and digital revenue to grow market share and maximize revenue for WPXI & PCNC.
• Augment revenue and minimize expenses through continued process optimization.
• Represent through leadership for Sales both internally and externally.
• Monitor daily sales activity and forecast future revenue while keeping a pulse on the advertising market and making adjustments to the plan as needed.
• Train and develop staff using the partnership with CMG while providing a high-energy and positive work environment.
• Partner with other platform leaders to drive multi-platform selling.
• Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development.
• Drive new business development on all platforms, including over the air, digital, mobile and unique sponsorships.
• Partner with content to develop local saleable products and services.
• Oversee and support national sales with CoxReps and CMG. Provide key selling tools to drive national sales results.
• Assess account executives by monitoring sales techniques and results. Communicate clear expectations and hold accountable.
• Mentor, train and grow sales managers. Create a leadership program for each sales manager by using the techniques of Talent Focused Management and CMG training resources.
• Oversee the day to day systems and procedures within the sales department. This includes monitoring sales activity reports, monitoring focused sales events/initiatives, leading sales meetings, sales department workflow and support; utilize sales industry tools and action plans by area and personnel.
• Maintain strong relationship with internal partners/departments to keep sales support moving in a positive direction while increasing productivity.
• Identify and evaluate vendors to provide the best suite of products.
• Conduct weekly sales meetings as a forum to share information, motivate and train staff, and provide teambuilding opportunities.
• Set clear goals by sales person and communicate goals effectively.
• Track sales progress and change accordingly as needed.
• Oversee presentations to make sure they achieve the goal of the client and platform.
• Lead by example—be a positive and professional role model with a sense of urgency.
• Responsible for inventory management and yield management pricing.
• Work closely with research to provide marketing tools to drive sales results.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. 3-5 years of Local and National Sales Manager experience needed with multi-media sales experience and a proven track record of success.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Must have strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and media software such as One Domain, Kantar, Wide Orbit and Nielsen ratings
· Must be very knowledgeable in the basic and advanced techniques of selling television and in sales negotiation.
· General business experience and knowledge of related advertising businesses.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing