Part-Time Production AssistantJob ID 182750 Date posted 02/12/2018 Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Apply
Hours will be 20-25 per week! Weekend work will be involved!
Primary Responsibilities and Functions
• Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
• Controls teleprompter.
• Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
• Maintains studio lighting.
• Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
• Operates teleprompter and audio captioning.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
• Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or related field
• Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
• Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
• Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots.
• Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
• Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls.
• Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
• Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props.
• Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality.
• Good hearing to receive director commands.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing