Production AssistantLocation Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Job Number 177342 Brand WPXI-TV
WPXI-TV, Cox Media Group Pittsburgh, has a great opportunity for a Part-Time Production Assistant/Operator. When the news is happening, we are at work, so you’ll need to be prepared to work contributing to our broadcast and digital platforms. Hours will be 20-25 per week, and weekend hours will be involved for the role.
Primary Responsibilities and Functions:
• Operates studio cameras during live news broadcasts, as well as the teleprompter and audio captioning.
• Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
• Maintains studio lighting.
• Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
• Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or a related field
• Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
• Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
• Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots.
• Good manual dexterity is required, to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
• Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls, and to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
• Ability to lift and move fixtures, sets, and props.
• Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality, and to receive director commands.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing