Director of SalesLocation: US-FL-St. Petersburg Job Number 1718957 Brand CMG Tampa Radio
Overall responsibility for the revenue of local, national, new business, events and digital for CMG Tampa. Strategic planning and tactical execution of the platform’s sales plans while reinforcing a positive work environment. As Director of Sales for CMG Tampa, you will lead the team responsible for developing local marketing solutions for our clients using the markets top rated radio stations (6 FM’s), industry leading web products including the Google suite as well as some of the best local events. The DOS will report directly to the Vice President and Market Manger.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and be financially responsible for sales operating budget
• Create and oversee sales plan for local, national and digital revenue to grow market share and maximize revenue for CMG’s Tampa cluster
• Augment revenue and minimize expenses through continued process optimization
• Demonstrate thought leadership internally and externally
• Monitor daily sales activity and forecast future revenue while keeping a pulse on the advertising market and making adjustments to the plan as needed
• Recruit, train and develop staff using the partnership with CMG while providing a high-energy and positive work environment
• Partner with other CMG markets for cross market opportunities.
• Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development
• Drive new business, target and key account development on all platforms, including core, digital, mobile and unique sponsorships
• Partner with programming and marketing to develop local saleable products and services
• Oversee and support national sales with Katz Radio Group and CMG. Provide key selling tools to
• drive national sales revenue and share
• Communicate clear expectations and hold account executives and sales leadership accountable
• Mentor, train and grow sales managers. Create a leadership program for each sales manager by using the techniques of Talent Focused Management and CMG training resources
• Oversee the day-to-day systems and procedures within the sales department. This includes monitoring sales activity reports, monitoring focused sales events/initiatives, leading sales meetings, sales department workflow and support; utilize sales industry tools and action plans by area and personnel
• Maintain strong relationship with internal partners/departments to keep sales support moving in a positive direction while increasing productivity
• Conduct weekly sales meetings as a forum to share information, motivate and train staff, and provide teambuilding opportunities
• Set clear goals by sales person and communicate goals effectively
• Track sales progress and change accordingly as needed
• Lead by example—be a positive and professional role model with a sense of urgency
• Responsible for inventory management and yield management pricing
• Thought and Business partner with Market ManagerQualifications
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. 3-5 years General Sales Manager with multi-media sales experience and a proven track record of success. Director of Sales experience preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a strong strategic thinker with the ability to communicate that strategy to the team and lead the execution of the strategy
- Must have strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and media software such as Wide Orbit, Media Monitors, X-Ray and Nielsen ratings
- General business experience and knowledge of related businesses.
- Public speaking proficiency.
- IAB certification not required, but preferred
- Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy: Establishing a plan to achieve the unit’s objectives, taking into consideration overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
- Driving Sales Execution: Vividly communicating a new sales approach or strategy in a way that helps others realize its value; encouraging others to share ideas to maximize the benefits of the change; addressing concerns constructively and using appropriate strategies to gain commitment to action.
- Building the Sales Team: Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals; evaluating key strengths and development needs for the team and providing learning opportunities that enable associates to realize their potential.
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Innovation and Risk-Taking: Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and others areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Project Management: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-11300 4th St N
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing