Search All Cox Media Group Jobs
Job ID 183609 Date posted 02/23/2018 Location San Antonio, Texas
The part time studio producer/board operator position requires the ability to produce programming content generated both “in studio” and “on location.” The Producer will operate the studio equipment for live and/or recorded air talent, sports play-by-play announcers, talk hosts, and/or news broadcasts. The Producer may also record and interface with listeners during station contests. Additionally, fill-ins and regular part-time shifts can require station event attendance, promotions, sales remotes etc. as needed, but with no guarantee of, hours (but not to extend over 29.5 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-studio shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
- Occasionally, on-site producing may be required as determined by program director.
- Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), station staff meetings (as needed).
- Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic radio station on-air operations.
- Wide Orbit and Adobe 3.0 knowledge is helpful.
- Promo Suite knowledge helpful.
- Audio console knowledge helpful.
- Requires good typing skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
Experience and Education:
- Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of high school diploma (or equivalent) and two (2) years radio experience.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Able to communicate in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reliable mode of transportation (public transportation is not suitable.)
- Night and weekend work is required.
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-TX-San Antonio-8122 Datapoint Dr Ste 500Employee Status:
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO is the Law Notice
E-Verify Cox in the E-verify program. Link to e-verify poster.
Right to work in English and Spanish
jobs.coxmediagroup.com is the only official website for employment opportunities with Cox Enterprises and its affiliates. Applications for employment on any other website will not be considered. Cox does not hold online interviews on social media sites such as Google hangouts. If you have been requested to apply for an employment opportunity other than through jobs.coxmediagroup.com, or, if you have sought out career opportunities with Cox and found a different website in your search, you should NOT submit your application, nor should you provide any personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution information, driver’s license number or passport information.