Local Sales ManagerJob ID 183571 Date posted 02/23/2018 Location San Antonio, Texas Apply
Cox Media Group San Antonio is looking for a Local Sales Manager to join its team! CMG San Antonio is comprised of KCYY-FM; KTKX-FM KSMG-FM; KISS-FM; KONO-FM; KONO-AM; KKYX-FM and digital services.
The Local Sales Manager will Identify and drive sales strategies for CMG San Antonio in order to attain revenue and share goals through development of overall direction, product and training for all products. Strategize and work collaboratively with all sales managers and the entire sales organization to successfully execute the traditional, digital and business development needs of CMG San Antonio. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills and be well versed in traditional and 3rd party digital ad products.
The primary objective is to meet or exceed revenue goals through a team-based, consultative approach to sales. Accountable for development, focus, and momentum of sales efforts and revenue generation. Responsible for all facets of product development, deployment and sales execution of new initiatives.
The LSM works in partnership with account executives to identify clients’ traditional & digital marketing needs and integrate them into sales solutions. Solutions are multi-platform in nature, integrating the traditional radio platform along with non-traditional, digital assets and new media platforms. Digital assets include station website core products including display advertising, streaming across all devices, desktop, mobile and tablets plus 3rd party Ad products including but not limited to Reach Extension products, Search and Social Media.
- Attain local revenue goals, monthly, quarterly and annually and grow CMG San Antonio market share
- Be the internal expert and resource for all things related to digital media
- Influences, trains and motivates the development of the CMG San Antonio sales staff on growing our traditional revenue, digital revenue and business development streams and introducing new products during weekly sales meetings
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance management of sellers. Coaching, setting goals and working to keep them motivated and engaged. Maintain a pipeline of sales professionals to build a strong talent pool for future needs.
- Conducts individual coaching sessions and performs mid-year and annual reviews for direct reports
- Conducts weekly and monthly local sales reporting as needed
- Sets monthly, quarterly and annual goals for individual AE’s. Tracks performance and determines accountability measures.
- Coordinate sales efforts, develop multi-product marketing solutions and communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes and standards
- Drives sales, pricing, packaging and launch of new digital products
- Responsible for presentation development
- Partner with Research and Marketing to ensure that all Traditional & Digital Media information is current and accurate
- Analyze market trends and competitive initiatives
- Continually tracts digital media metrics to ensure growth and the utilization of the full product set
- Conducts continuous research on the latest industry trends, preliminary tests and consumer behavior analysis in order to develop new ideas for the San Antonio market in order to generate further revenue
- Develops strong relations with internal department heads and external customers including key relationships at local and national agencies as well as direct clients
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university in marketing, advertising, sales and/or broadcasting
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- Must have good working knowledge of broadcast radio industry, internet and mobile media platforms, terminology, and analytics
- Ability to prioritize and work in a results oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
- Demonstrated history of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to create solid business relationships and develop a sense of team with the AE’s and managers
- Must have knowledge in local media advertising, competitive strategies, product marketing, product management and team management
- Action-oriented, effective communicator with strong leadership and development skills
- Able to think strategically, act tactically and effectively manage multiple projects
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented and possess strong project management, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Must be a creative and innovative thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio-8122 Datapoint Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing