Senior Sales AssistantJob ID 180171 Date posted 01/06/2018 Location San Antonio, Texas Apply
Cox Media Group San Antonio Radio has an immediate opening for a Senior Sales Assistant to assist in all aspects of local sales for CMG. The Senior Sales Assistant will be responsible providing support for Sales Management and Sales Account Executives and working closely with them to help achieve the sales goals for the cluster. The position also includes maintaining and fostering positive relationships with internal departments as well as with clients.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible, start to finish, for the sales documentation process, including research, generating sales proposals, tracking, making changes, , recaps, etc. for account executives.
- Keep and update client records, pending avails, generate sales reports, client interaction and problem solving on a consistent basis
- Oversees details before and after the sale such as production, traffic issues, copy, coop facilitation and continuity.
- Other duties include maintain media consultant’s calendar, updating prospect/client information in the contact management databases, scheduling and coordinating logistics for internal meetings, and processing client requests.
- Senior Sales Assistant and Sales Assistants work as a team to share information and best practices as well as serve as each other’s backup during vacation and when otherwise needed.
- Keep and update current files of station information for sales presentations
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Foster positive relationships with internal departments, clients and the Account Managers and be able to offer back-up support when Account Executive is traveling.
- Other responsibilities as needed and determined by Sales Management team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years equivalent related work experience (media sales, promotions, executive administrative support).
- High Technical Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all Microsoft Office Products.
- High Technical Knowledge of sales & media software for radio (ex. WideOrbit)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate professionally with people in a variety of capacities, such as management, co-workers, clients, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to create and design professional, compelling presentation materials suitable for presenting to clients.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of department personnel.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to prioritize and complete tasks under pressure in a deadline oriented environment
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio-8122 Datapoint Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing