Job ID: 188095
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenue for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. The successful candidate will be an excellent negotiator of transactional and direct business with a track record of growing share, developing new accounts, an understanding of ratings and estimates and a strong ability to forecast revenue goals. The successful candidate will be able to work through posting, under delivery, makegoods and problem solve any challenges that may arise. The candidate will also be able to demonstrate a strong ability to develop new business to television and digital. The Account Executive will be skilled at developing relationships and bringing relevant opportunities to all levels at agencies from the account group to the media buyer. They will also be responsible for presenting digital solutions to agencies or direct businesses either as part of an integrated proposal with television or as a standalone. Strong service and customer focus track record is a must. The Account Executive will be able to work independently through most pricing, negotiation and campaign execution and post analysis.
- Be an excellent negotiator of transactional business with a track record of growing share, a deep understanding of ratings and estimates and a strong ability to forecast revenue goals
- Develop new accounts for television and digital
- Work through posting, under delivery, makegoods and problem solve any challenges that may arise
- Presenting digital solutions to agencies or businesses either as part of an integrated proposal with television or as a standalone
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with agencies and direct clients
- Manage a very active list of both small and large agencies
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Accurately forecast revenue expectations
- Sell existing sponsorships for sports, weather, community etc, or create custom opportunities for clients
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Minimum three year successful track record in media sales preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience
- Have a deep understanding of inventory and the ability to find opportunities to maximize revenue
- Ability to develop relationships and bring relevant opportunities to all levels at agencies from the account group to the media buyer
- Proven ability to develop new business to television and to digital
- Ability to work independently through most pricing, negotiation and campaign execution and post analysis
- Thorough understanding of NSI ratings
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing