Brand ManagerJob ID 180416 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location Seattle, Washington Apply
- Manages the execution of long-term and daily strategic plans under the direction of the Creative Services Director.
- Ensures that day-to-day assignments and projects are on schedule, on message, and meeting deadlines per strategic plans. Approves daily copy and spots for air as needed.
- Uses research to create the right tone and language for all marketing messages.
- Is the lead producer on priority image promotion for the news brand.
- Plans and executes the sweeps strategy for the key rating periods.
- Supervises the team of Producers in the execution of the daily topical process and production.
- Is an effective and direct team leader in the department, and is a great mentor to the producers on staff.
- Works closely with news management team to achieve successful rating results.
- Strong collaboration with the Digital Team to leverage digital and social to recruit viewers to the TV screen.
- Writes digital orders and places creative on KIRO 7’s O&O platforms
- Presents strong collaboration and teamwork with all departments to achieve station goals.
- Acts as liaison between news and marketing for topicals and sweeps content to ensure daily results are achieved.
- Executes log strategy and maintains log inventory for the department.
- Liaison for CBS and syndicators in the execution of their promotion on KIRO 7. Ensures station executes contracted requirements. Maximizes and maintains strong relationships.
- Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly project calendars for department staff, outlining assignments, deadlines for on-air, radio digital and social marketing under the direction of Creative Services Director.
- Write and produce on-air promotion, including image, topical, investigative, Proof of Brand, and special promotion.
- Writes and produces marketing messages for digital, social, radio and cable during sweeps.
- Works with Creative Services Director to plan and execute the digital and social media plan to effectively market the KIRO 7 News brand in and out of sweeps.
- Works hand-in-hand with Art Director and graphics work-group to ensure consistent use of station graphics by producers in all marketing materials on all platforms.
- Works closely with Traffic department to maintain all promo contract orders, and manages daily execution of promo inventory on the log.
- Liaison with media buyer, and work with outside production vendors to ensure the correct KIRO 7 marketing is produced, and trafficked properly.
- Works with the Director of Public Affairs & Special Projects to allocate staff resources in the production of KIRO 7 community initiatives.
- Liaison between Creative Services Department and Sales to ensure that advertiser-related promotion is executed properly per sales packages including production timelines, deadlines for content and execution of on-air commitments.
- Supports the KIRO 7 mission and values statements, and to represent KIRO 7 in a highly professional manner.
- BA in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast related field preferred.
- Excellent internal and external communication, organization, and writing skills are required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Creative Services at a television station.
- Previous supervisory experience in directing workflow, motivating and training staff required.
- Should have hands on experience promoting a local news product.
- Must be creative in writing, shooting (CS300), editing (non-linear-Avid Newscutters and/or Adobe).
- Must have experience in graphic design, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching promos. Knowledge of how After Affects, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, and Illustrator can be used in the graphic production of promos.
- Experience using INews/ ENPS. Must be able to show writing, producing and design experience across all media platforms to promote the station.
- Facebook Blueprint certification or Google Academy For Ads training or certification preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing