Brand ManagerJob ID 180416 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location Seattle, Washington Apply
- Manages the execution of long-term and daily strategic plans under the direction of the Creative Services Director.
- Ensures that day-to-day assignments and projects are on schedule, on message, and meeting deadlines per strategic plans. Approves daily copy and spots for air as needed.
- Uses research to create the right tone and language for all marketing messages.
- Is the lead producer on priority image promotion for the news brand.
- Plans and executes the sweeps strategy for the key rating periods.
- Supervises the team of Producers in the execution of the daily topical process and production.
- Is an effective and direct team leader in the department, and is a great mentor to the producers on staff.
- Works closely with news management team to achieve successful rating results.
- Strong collaboration with the Digital Team to leverage digital and social to recruit viewers to the TV screen.
- Writes digital orders and places creative on KIRO 7’s O&O platforms
- Presents strong collaboration and teamwork with all departments to achieve station goals.
- Acts as liaison between news and marketing for topicals and sweeps content to ensure daily results are achieved.
- Executes log strategy and maintains log inventory for the department.
- Liaison for CBS and syndicators in the execution of their promotion on KIRO 7. Ensures station executes contracted requirements. Maximizes and maintains strong relationships.
- Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly project calendars for department staff, outlining assignments, deadlines for on-air, radio digital and social marketing under the direction of Creative Services Director.
- Write and produce on-air promotion, including image, topical, investigative, Proof of Brand, and special promotion.
- Writes and produces marketing messages for digital, social, radio and cable during sweeps.
- Works with Creative Services Director to plan and execute the digital and social media plan to effectively market the KIRO 7 News brand in and out of sweeps.
- Works hand-in-hand with Art Director and graphics work-group to ensure consistent use of station graphics by producers in all marketing materials on all platforms.
- Works closely with Traffic department to maintain all promo contract orders, and manages daily execution of promo inventory on the log.
- Liaison with media buyer, and work with outside production vendors to ensure the correct KIRO 7 marketing is produced, and trafficked properly.
- Works with the Director of Public Affairs & Special Projects to allocate staff resources in the production of KIRO 7 community initiatives.
- Liaison between Creative Services Department and Sales to ensure that advertiser-related promotion is executed properly per sales packages including production timelines, deadlines for content and execution of on-air commitments.
- Supports the KIRO 7 mission and values statements, and to represent KIRO 7 in a highly professional manner.
- BA in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast related field preferred.
- Excellent internal and external communication, organization, and writing skills are required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Creative Services at a television station.
- Previous supervisory experience in directing workflow, motivating and training staff required.
- Should have hands on experience promoting a local news product.
- Must be creative in writing, shooting (CS300), editing (non-linear-Avid Newscutters and/or Adobe).
- Must have experience in graphic design, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching promos. Knowledge of how After Affects, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, and Illustrator can be used in the graphic production of promos.
- Experience using INews/ ENPS. Must be able to show writing, producing and design experience across all media platforms to promote the station.
- Facebook Blueprint certification or Google Academy For Ads training or certification preferred.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs