Digital Sales SpecialistJob ID 1720641 Date posted 12/29/2017 Location Seattle, Washington Apply
- Support Media Sales Team on digital advertising sales calls
- Perform customer needs analysis (CNA) in the field to uncover client’s goals and strategic objectives
- From CNA create custom strategies and tactics to achieve client’s goals and format into custom client facing proposals
- SEM: Perform keyword research and create reach and CPC estimates
- SEO: Perform SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Targeting/Retargeting: Perform reach estimates for display and pre-roll
- KIROTV.com: Appropriate use of products to fulfill client needs or compliment SEM, SEO and/or targeting/retargeting.
- Present proposal to client
- Assist National Sales Department with digital RFP’s for National clients
- Digital Product expert to be a resource to Media Sales Team
- Understand and communicate the “consumer path to purchase” theory and how specific digital products relate
- Recommend specific digital services to support the different areas in the “sales funnel”
- Evaluate CMG’s digital product offering against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings.
- Products include but not limited to Display, Streaming, Reach Extension, SEM/SEO. Native advertising and Social Media
- Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients to ensure quality and timely execution of purchased products
- Provide a consultation to advertisers on social media best practices and participate in social media engagement
- Works with Media Sales Team, clients and ad trafficking to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers’ advertising
- Once the campaign is underway, work with clients, CMG Central Ad ops, CMG Ad Studio and CMG SEM/SEO team to interpret results and optimize the campaign against key performance indicators
- Set up research studies for clients including view through studies
- Work with client’s Google Analytics to help analyze campaign effectiveness
- Serve as project manager between sales, CMG’s centralized trafficking, CMG Ad Studio for ad creation and CMG SEM/SEO team
- At the end of the campaign, create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how the customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsell
- Trouble shoot invoicing/reconciliation with 3rd Party reporting and Co-op
- Point person for AE’s, sales managers, clients, and various station departments including Research, News, Sales and Promotions to provide a full suite of sales materials
- Point person between sales, promotions, production, research, programming, public affairs, and web/digital media in fulfillment of the sales process for stations initiatives like High School Sports
- Point person for the promotions department to implement all sales promotions.
- Work with the News Department and Digital web team on web, APP, WAP and other digital analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must have good working knowledge of internet and mobile media platforms, terminology, and analytics.
- Must be highly proficient with SEM and SEO estimating tools, current IAB.net guidelines for display advertising, conducting customer needs analysis, and presenting technical information to large groups.
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products including display advertising, streaming, native advertising, social media, SEM/SEO and reach extension products.
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about Website analytics including compiling usage reports and interpreting results.
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Omniture
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying campaign pitfalls and providing custom solutions
- Analytical in nature with a firm grasp of numbers and attention to detail
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must possess positive customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional and problem solver
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing