Director Creative ServicesLocation: US-WA-Seattle Job Number 1718925 Brand KIRO-TV
KIRO 7 is seeking a Creative Services Director to grow television ratings and digital audience, as well as being the driving creative force of our brand. The CSD will be the creative and strategic leader overseeing Marketing, Commercial Production and Graphic Design. A great communicator and collaborator, the CSD will push our teams to embrace change and stay ahead of trends in social media, ensuring we’re delivering our message on the platforms that our audiences are using right now. The Creative Service Directors innovative ideas will be rooted in research, rigor and a complete understanding of station branding, the market landscape and, most importantly, the audience we serve on every screen, every day. The CSD doesn’t have to be a doctor, but does need to be a rock star who is also a great team player ready to take our success to the next level.
The successful candidate will collaborate with station leadership and the news department to make sure we are always living and delivering on our brand promise. The goals for this team are winning and excellence. The game plan involves understanding research, developing strategic action plans, using metrics to check our progress, inspiring the team and driving results. The CSD will be proactive in all facets of the role, specifically in the production of station image and daily news topical promotion, proof of benefit spots, graphic arts, outside media, commercial production, PSAs and station community events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop strategy and execution of all marketing and creative for KIRO 7-TV on all digital/mobile platforms
• Develop broadcast marketing and creative for company’s television, social, digital, and radio brands consistent with the values of each platform
• Close direction and supervision of all television marketing messages and scripts, spots, campaigns, and other creative
• Write and/or assist in developing key messages and scripts
• Oversee daily topical and proof of performance advertising
• Develops marketing plans and strategic action plans for projects driven by television marketing and promotion
• Makes research actionable and present in broadcast marketing and promotion for all brands
• Responsible for commitments and compliance with national co-op partners and local sponsors for projects
• Responsible for the look and feel of all television/studio sets, signage, and vehicles
• Manage and negotiate all contracts related to television marketing, creative, and graphics. This includes voice artists and music
• Manage budget for television marketing. Purchasing, approve requisitions, make recommendations for budgets, capital, and out-year projects
• Oversee outside media planning and budget working with our advertising agency
• Oversight of the overall department budgets including the media budgets and plans.
• Ensures best practices are followed and that overall quality of products is at their highest.
• Manage on air inventory and ad scheduling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Familiarity with using research and metrics to drive innovation and results
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Inclusive leader who builds a strong two-way relationship with his/her staff
• Understanding and compliance of FCC rules and regulations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in business related field
• 7 years of Major Market experience preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing staff
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle multiple projects at once and effective communication skills are essential
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a fast paced environment with frequent deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to speak or listen, and is frequently required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. Employee is occasionally required to lift or move up to 10 pounds, and specific vision requirements include close and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing