All Media Journalist IJob ID 1718906 Date posted 11/21/2017 Location Springfield, Ohio Apply
Cox Media Group Ohio has one of the most advanced, multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers and Digital) is seeking an All-Media Journalist. We’re looking for a reporter who can write breaking news, enterprise and watchdog stories for print and digital; shoot and edit and front WHIO-TV packages on air for our Dayton-Springfield TV audience; contribute on-air voicing for radio; and own branded social media accounts – including Facebook and Twitter – that will be expected to build our audience and increase our digital revenues. You will work in a digital-first newsroom to provide digital videos and digital stories. This reporter will join our multi-platform team of reporters based in Springfield and cover several local communities.
We are one of the leading newsrooms in the country that produces local news and information on all platforms, and we’re looking for flexible, energetic, creative and digitally oriented people to join us.
Our converged Ohio newsrooms include three daily newspapers, the top local TV news station in the country, an award-winning cross-platform Breaking News Desk and a radio station that reports around the clock.
The ideal candidate is a reporter and writer with a passion for telling great stories, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use research to tailor stories to fit the audience for print, TV, radio and digital
- Be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander, and have a good grasp of Ohio’s public records laws
- Ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment and be committed to learning throughout their careers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- One year or more of related experience
- A portfolio of work that shows good work in reporting, writing and some of ability to shoot video and photos and use social media to get and transmit information
- Genuine interest in story-telling of all kinds
- Work is expected to be accurate and complete and according to set deadlines
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Springfield-1 S Limestone St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs