Assignment EditorJob ID 1815605 Date posted 10/10/2018 Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Responsible for logistics 60%
• Field phone calls in the newsroom• Monitor scanners, websites and other news gathering methods.• Effectively communicate to producers, reporters, photographers and managers where news events are happening, where crews are located, and who to move to get stories covered.• Work with the Producers to coordinate coverage using the bestTechnology in the best locations.• Understand the significance of editorial content and research drivers.• Keep assign file accurately updated and keep producers and web producers updated on changes.• Update the web and social media if necessary
Planning news coverage - 40%
- Stay up to date on big stories.
- Look ahead to coverage challenges.
- Manage emails and planner.
- Communicate to producers and assignment editors on all shifts the stories that are available for coverage and logistics information.
- Communicate with affiliate stations to get stories in other areas covered.
- The ability to multitask, strong organizational skills and solid news judgement.
- You should have a strong foundation of the web, and social media.
- Knowledge of the Tulsa area is a plus.
- Degree in journalism or related field preferred
- At least an internship in local news is required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs