Associate ProducerJob ID 180508 Date posted 01/10/2018 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
The associate producer is responsible for assisting Producer and/or Executive Producer with daily content prep, recording, editing, and planning of daily and/or weekly shows on air and online.
·Communicates with information sources and producers to prepare reports for broadcast
·Prepares and delivers reports live on the air
- Works with executive producer and talent to execute daily broadcasts
- Oversees in-studio production and screening of listener/viewer calls
- Assists executive producer with daily production assignments
- Researches topics, pitches guest and topics as needed
- Performs audio/video editing and pre/post production work as needed
- Guest booking and interview prep as assigned by producer
- Ability to prioritize assignments in a changing topical landscape
- Participates in other production and/or creative duties
- Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas for newscasts, shows or specials
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
- Works with promotions staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of broadcast experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to execute ideas
- Comfortable working with talent, and other high profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 South Memorial
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing