Director of SalesJob ID 183260 Date posted 02/17/2018 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Cox Media Group Tulsa seeks a talented, experienced and motivated sales leader to develop and manage the sales strategies in an integrated media market including Radio, TV and Digital assets. In this newly created position, the Integrated Media Market Director of Sales will lead a team of sales managers and their team of account executives, will create a culture of cross-platform and cross-product selling including radio, television, digital agency and National. The Director will develop strategies with a sharp customer focus, establish a clear vision and consistently deliver on revenue expectations. Responsible for the attainment of the revenue goals and must display entrepreneurial skills in creating new revenue opportunities. Also, responsible for development and implementation of a strategic plan to guide the sales departments to successfully attain revenue goals.
- The Director of Sales will be responsible for the development of cross-product sales strategies to reach expected revenue levels. Using creativity, business basics and customer knowledge, the Director will lead a team to develop customized solutions for new and existing customers.
- Maximizes revenue from all revenue categories including local, national, NTR events and digital.
- The Director will oversee the digital sales efforts for the Sales Department. Using an integrated sales strategy, training and expectations will be developed by the Director and executed via the sales leadership team and account managers.
- As part of managing overall performance, the Director will provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including revenue projections, end of month performance summary by category, sales executive and strategy. Will also participate in annual budgeting and analysis.
- Oversees recruitment activities to ensure that CMG Tulsa always has a full staff with Account Managers and Sales Managers who have the talents and personality traits to succeed.
- Acts as liaison between sales, the Market Vice President, General Managers, station Program Directors and News Directors to ensure fluid communication.
- Manages account lists to maximize sales resources against market potential
- Facilitates positive and productive relationships with other Cox Media Group departments.
- Trains, develops, and motivates sales managers to optimize revenue potential across all revenue streams. Holds Sales Managers accountable for goals.
- Creates and develops new revenue streams as product and service opportunities present themselves.
- Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, accounting and programming.
- Ensures sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of strategic media sales management experience – preferably in broadcast TV or radio sales.
- Strategic planning, execution and new revenue development skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong selling skills. Knowledge of political advertising policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable skills in recruiting and developing sales talent
- Creative and flexible with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows and media software such as Wide Orbit, Media Monitors, Miller Kaplan X-ray and RAB Account Manager.
- Willingness and ability to join organizations to enhance the image and recognition of Cox Media Group in the marketplace.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Account Executive Tulsa, Oklahoma