On Air Talent – Classic Rock MorningsJob ID 1719896 Date posted 12/13/2017 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Cox Media Group – Tulsa is looking for a multi-format, multi-platform talent to engage our audiences and help our established local brands to continue to thrive in a competitive media market. This is a rare opportunity to join a winning team and work for a company that puts talent first and sincerely values passion, initiative and innovation.
The ideal candidate:
Has a track record of broadcast ratings success
Is relentless in the pursuit of on-air excellence
Is committed to growing audience share across evolving digital and social media platforms
Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys being challenged
Loves multiple genres of music
Plays well with others, has a sincere desire to make those around them better, and is committed to a team mentality in a diverse environment
We are looking for a creative and dynamic individual who is motivated to consistently generate compelling cross-platform content that is relevant to a 25 to 54-year-old adult. The candidate that we choose will have a thorough understanding of the evolving nature of our industry and will embrace digital products with the same enthusiasm and sense of urgency as they do our on-air products.''
The ideal candidate will embrace this life-style role and assist the team in whatever capacity is necessary to further develop our winning culture; however, at a minimum they will be expected to:
• Host daily interactive programs across multiple stations (50%)
• Cultivate relevant, compelling show content, with an extra effort to seek that which is local (15%)
• Curate regular, relevant, compelling digital and social media content that engages our audience and build out brands (15%)
• Assist in the production of high-quality, professional commercial audio (10%)
• Enthusiastically engage with our audience in person at station events, remote broadcasts and appearances as opportunities arise (5%)
• Work with our Sales and Promotions teams to conceive, execute and maximize revenue opportunities (5%)
• A proven ability to interact with audience on-air in a meaningful way
• The ability to curate compelling content to engage both terrestrial and digital audiences
• A commitment to growing audience across evolving digital and social media platforms
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience operating broadcast and production equipment, audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.), and general office software.
• Flexible availability --- We go where our audience is, and this means regular evening and weekend appearance
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Reporter Tulsa, Oklahoma