Radio Producer & EditorJob ID 1816880 Date posted 10/31/2018 Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
How would you like to work for one of the most sought-after newsrooms in the state of Oklahoma?
Duty: 50% -- Run video production hardware and software Mondays from 5-9am in conjunction with the KRMG Morning News
Task #1 – Follow the KRMG Morning News Clock to mirror 100% what is airing on the radio
Task #2 – Write and create headlines that will display on TV that are catered to the TV audience
Task #3 – Run Tricaster hardware to display news stories, graphics, traffic and weather information on TV
Duty: 50% -- Writing, interviewing, editing, producing and voicing on-air stories
Task #1 – writing and stacking stories for the station’s anchors
Task #2 – voicing and producing stories for on-air execution (including reporting/anchoring)
An individual that has overall knowledge and professional experience in working with the following:
- Video Graphics
- Technical abilities
- Windows Computer knowledge
- Adobe Audition knowledge
- Knowledge of Tricaster or similar video equipment
- On air radio experience
- Online story writing
- Radio automation software knowledge, (WideOrbit a plus)
- Radio newsroom automation knowledge, (NewsBoss a plus)
- Operate studio camera for live and non-live news and talk show programs.
- Operate audio board for live on location news and non-news programs.
- Social Media, and CMS knowledge.
- Working in high pressured newsrooms conducting breaking news and severe weather
- Ability to produce impeccable results with our staff, audience and clients
- Requires the ability to work non-traditional hours
- Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines)
- High pressured breaking news and severe weather coverage are to be expected
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred High School Diploma Required
- College level education in journalism and or radio/tv broadcasting, or two years on-air with anchor/reporter experience preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.