Morning Show Host - Magic 102.1Job ID 186819 Date posted 04/26/2018 Location Watkinsville, Georgia Apply
Are you ready to join a competitive media company plus live and work in one of the best areas in the south? Cox Media Group’s Adult Contemporary Magic 102.1 is seeking a Morning Show Host to join our team in Athens, GA. CMG-Athens is home to the top 6 radio stations in Northeast Georgia/Greater Atlanta, including the flagship stations for UGA sports. We are looking for someone who comes in well-prepared daily to connect with relatable family-friendly content for a primarily female 25-44 audience.
- You must be conversational, entertaining and have fun when you work solo.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years of on air experience plus a sharp understanding of how to interact with listeners via social media without stepping over the line.
- Superior social media skills are a necessity and the new Morning Show host will adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape.Must have familiarity with the various social platforms and be able to use daily-this includes but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Magic 102.1’s new morning host will also make excellent use of phones and do stellar personal appearances in the local community.
- Daily production duties are part of this role and solid skills with knowledge of Adobe Audition is essential.
- Must be able to plan ahead, take direction, be disciplined when delivering content and detail oriented.
- Strong verbal communication skills are a must.
- You will have responsibilities within the cluster that go beyond one station, so it is essential you are a team player.
- The person that fills this position will also run the control board, take transmitter readings and maintain all standard studio operations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The person we hire for this opening could also grow in the programming department in the future or within the company. CMG-Athens continues to be a launching ground for talent within our company. In just the past 18 months, CMG Athens has sent at least 5 people in various departments on to larger markets/positions within Cox.
Submit resume, aircheck and any other pertinent materials that will help you land this job.
- Ability to speak clearly while executing a well-planned on-air shift and everything associated with it.
- Will run control board, take transmitter readings, maintain studio operation, production.
- See details on position and role listed in the job description.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma/drug-free/previous on-air experience/ability to take directions.
- Excellent computer skills necessary.
- Must be able to work early morning hours and some weekend duties as assigned.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Watkinsville-1010 Tower Pl
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Part Time On Air Talent Watkinsville, Georgia