Market Research AnalystJob ID 181983 Date posted 02/08/2018 Location West Palm Beach, Florida Apply
This positions will provide Market Research and Data Analytics using quantitative, qualitative, consumer, and B2B research in ways that results in actionable insights to support Palm Beach Newspapers consumer and advertising sales and retention initiatives for print and digital products. Their work will be important to the development of strategic business plans to grow local revenue from the South Florida area. They will be in direct contact with customers and will be involved in presentations.
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to clients and management
- Perform research and/or gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits.
- Collect data and information using a variety of methods, such as interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, market analysis surveys, public opinion polls, and literature reviews.
- May develop advertising brochures and commercials, sales plans, and product promotions.
- Must be able to evaluate data using statistical techniques and software. They must interpret what the data means for clients.
- Will write reports and make charts, graphs, and other visual aids to present the results of their research.
- Must have strong analytical skills and understand large amounts of data and information.
- The market research analysts needs strong communication skills and may be involved in presentations of information to current or prospective clients. Must be very good at creating logical stories from business intelligence.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- Market research and data analysts must assess all available information to determine what marketing strategy would work best for a company.
- Market research and data analyst must be detail oriented to do precise data analysis.
- Must have experience working with Scarborough, Neilsen or Claritas software and data.
- Must have strong computer skills and experience in working with Power Point, Excel, and other business software systems. Salesforce or Pardot experience a plus.
- Must have experience in working with Scarborough, Claritas, Neilsen, D&B, Info USA, or other consumer data reports and software.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing