Cash Applications SpecialistJob ID 187944 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Receives daily payments via lockbox, ACH, credit card processor, web based products.
- Processes all payment types by batching, balancing, and posting to ensure all funds are accounted for and systems balanced to funds received.
- Identifies any discrepancies and reports to manager.
- Processes all refunds, returned checks, chargebacks and credit on accounts.
- Identifies and obtains the appropriate approval for all customer refunds.
- Reconciles any discrepancies found in the daily payment processing.
- Collaborates with the Manager daily to ensure balancing of the daily payment batches.
- Maintains and organizes all pertinent back up information to substantiate payment postings as necessary.
- Provides feedback to management concerning potential problems, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Makes recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Researches payment discrepancies to ensure proper GL coding
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve payment issues.
- Assists with other areas of the billing, credit and collections process as needed.
- Processes accounts receivable adjustment and payment inquiry requests timely and accurately.
- Balance all cash postings for the month, including what is posted by other team members
- Month end closing of cash accounts and general ledger reconciliations related to cash application.
- Participates in process improvement projects, and supports other management directives as prescribed.
- Previous accounts receivable payment processing experience is preferred.
- Shared services experience is a plus.
- Above average mathematical, analytical, and 10 Key skills.
- Position requires initiative, a high degree of accuracy, discretion, personal judgment, confidentiality, and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work in multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- Ability to research problems and recommend solutions.
- Capable of exceeding goals with minimal supervision and good business judgment.
- Some college preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing