Digital Marketing SpecialistLocation Atlanta, Georgia Job Number 1713214 Brand CMG Corporate Services
Digital start-up business in the media division of a Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the true entrepreneurial editor who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and be one of the founding leaders that brings this eCommerce Business to life! This initiative blends the best of southern food, entertainment and lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The Digital Marketing Specialist is accountable for helping to launch and grow the new digital content and e-commerce site. The ideal candidate will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace, and will relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.
This role is responsible for the distribution of most of the content within the site, and requires both the ability to both create an online marketing plan and the attention to detail and analytics to execute flawlessly on that roadmap. This person will own “paid” online platforms such as Paid Search (SEM), Retargeting (Display), Social (e.g. Paid Likes and Leads on Facebook), Affiliate Marketing, and any other paid advertising. Additionally, this person will assist with content distribution (organic traffic that comes from articles, podcasts, videos, etc) and helping distribution strategy / analytics such as website, email, social channels such as Facebook and Pinterest, content aggregation to and from other CMG properties and partners, etc) – in order to help create a community of followers.
ASouthernKitchen.com seeks a sharp, business-oriented online marketing analyst to provide in-depth analysis of its customer acquisition programs across all digital channels including SEO, SEM, Display, PPC, Social Media, and Mobile. The company’s GM will divvy tasks across the team depending on the new hire’s strengths and preferences, but the new hire can expect to work closely with leadership team to help develop targeted, segmented customer acquisition programs and to optimize channels to increase ROI and develop more direct relationships with the firm’s customers.
- 25% Online Marketing Strategy
- 50% Online Marketing Execution
- 25% Analytics and Reporting
- Driving financial metrics across marketing channels (e.g. Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing, Facebook and Other Social Media Marketing, Paid Search, SEO, Display, etc)
- Analyzing information and making educated decisions to improve customer online shopping experience (images, taxonomy, search, navigation, etc)
- Helping manage outbound email marketing campaigns using analytics to improve effectiveness (Bronto ESP experience a plus)
- Improving traction visa vis organic search optimization (e.g. SEO)
- Helping manage social media sites, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, and more. (Knowledge of SocialFlow or similar solution is helpful.) – having experience growing an audience on Facebook a big plus (e.g. Likes)
- Analyzing effectiveness of marketing programs, customer segmentation KPIs, ROAS, website performance and present weekly action-driven plan to impact those drivers
- Reviewing competitors on a regular basis to understand if there are best practices to swipe (design, marketplace designs, promos, emails, etc)
- Developing new / innovative ways of growing sales (e.g. new marketing initiatives, new categories to consider, etc)
- Assisting team in maintaining and improving relationships with partners and vendors
- Setting an example as a customer advocate
- Assisting in the personal and professional growth of online marketing team
- Direct or indirect management of a small marketing team preferred (e.g. strong leadership abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Detail-oriented, persistent follow-up and an ability to juggle shifting priorities
- An understanding of mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, native advertising and the Facebook advertising platform
- Strong background in SEO / Organic Search and / or Paid Search (SEM) preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to tailor analysis to specific circumstances (e.g. familiarity with Google Analytics, A/B testing and other online analytics tools)
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative, sense of urgency, and intellectual curiosity with an eye to identifying opportunities to improve the business
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail (strong project management skills)
- Well-versed in alternative social media platforms including, but not limited to, Snapchat, Reddit, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Solutions-oriented, results-oriented
- Photoshop skills preferred
- Google Analytics
- Moz, CrowdTangle, Skyword, etc
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing