Financial Reporting AnalystJob ID 1720472 Date posted 01/03/2018 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Lead FP&A responsibilities for CMG’s digital and agency ventures
- Provide decision making analysis and information to senior management including the identification and preparation of key financial data, detailed metric analysis and modeling.
- Assist in the development and measurement of annual budget, monthly forecasting, and business planning for digital and agency ventures.
- Analyze monthly results for digital and agency ventures, providing insight to key fluctuations and helping identify risks and opportunities
- Complete, design, and maintain key monthly financial reports
- Assist in preparation of financial reporting and supporting schedules for entire organization.
- Assist with the compilation and preparation of high level results and presentations.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reporting functions for entire organization
- Process and definition owner for all reporting measures (accounts, orgs, depts., etc)
- Collaborate with individuals within CMG to determine necessary financial reporting updates
- Collaborate with Enterprise Accounting to ensure reporting needs are designed and implemented in accounting processes.
- Assist in capital and project reporting and for the entire CMG organization, including the budgeting, forecasting, and presentation of actual results
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting, or Finance if strong accounting background
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting principles, required
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite including Excel (V lookup, pivot tables, charts and graphs, etc) and Powerpoint required.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to quickly grasp complex business concepts
- Prior experience in media is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Hyperion, and Oracle BI is a plus but not required
- Ability to conceptualize and develop summary charts and tables enabling the consumption of larger amounts of data
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a customer service focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance.
- Results oriented, with a high bias for action and a strong ownership of accountability.
- Ability to act and operate independently and proactively design solutions
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing