Investigative ReporterJob ID 1813013 Date posted 08/20/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Develop, write, produce and present investigative and news stories on television, the web and mobile.
- Enterprise stories by developing sources and contacts.
- Make creative use of live technology to help tell a story.
- Understand and implement station's research-based goals.
- Writes and produces packages and reports live.
- Write and produce content for WSBTV.COM; use public records requests and FOIA to obtain information; use databases to research statistics and facts; gather and verify facts through interviews, research and surveillance if necessary.
- Responsible for producing daily enterprise stories as well as investigative stories for major ratings periods.
- Schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Actively and responsibly participates in social media to extend station brand.
- Must have strong writing and editorial skills; professional, smooth on-camera delivery; ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines; ability to develop highly promotable ideas for ratings periods; computer literacy with database experience; ability to handle projects from start to finish, collaborating with special projects producers; knowledge of legal and ethical requirements for investigative reporting; experience on surveillance shoots; ability to ad-lib in breaking news situations; ability to make quick decisions and turn multiple stories in a day when necessary; ability to develop sources and build relationships to generate stories; strong communication skills; flexibility to work unusual hours at times.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years investigative reporter experience in medium to large television markets.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be part of a team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.