Media Planner/Buyer - IdeabarJob ID 1817432 Date posted 11/10/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Ideabar is a marketing + media agency by Cox that tells powerful brand stories. Our marketing rockstars + media vanguards are data-driven, wildly creative professionals who are fluent in all media. We offer research, branding, creative, digital and media buying services. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; default to yes; keep the ball moving; and live + work + play. We are growing because we help our clients grow. Our award-winning creative shop is based in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida and we have locations in Atlanta, Orlando and Miami.
If you are someone who loves to plan and develop media programs that support client’s objectives, have experience, relevant work history with major brands and enjoy negotiating and purchasing media you might be our new Media Planner/Buyer.
The winning candidate will be a key team member of a growing agency backed by one of the World’s largest privately held media companies. Meet your new colleagues and view their work at ideabar.
45% Media Planning –
• Plans and develops advertising media programs within assigned group of markets.
• Estimates, updates and adjust all broadcast ratings.
• Evaluates editorial content, ratings, and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
• Gathers statistics and prepares media plan charts and directives to guide buying process.
• Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, or online advertising.
• Calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
• Confers with Directors, Clients, and/or Account Services to establish media goals, objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
• Presents media plans to Directors, account services, and/or client for approval and makes plan adjustments as necessary.
• Works with agency personnel on media questions as needed.
40% Media Buying + Reporting –
• Negotiates and purchases TV, radio, newspapers, outdoor and magazine media space.
• Confers with media representatives to evaluate best placement and ensure optimum use of budgeted funds.
• Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results.
• Keeps all media files relating to specific clients.
• Collaborates with clients and agency team members to resolve media billing issues.
15% Ideation + Presentations-
• Participate in external, client-facing meetings.
• Ability to verbally communicate media recommendations.
• Responsible for driving new media ideas that are insight based and client and solutions specific.
• Participate in brainstorming and strategy meetings.
-Bachelors degree required.
-3+ years of Media or Media Planning / Buying experience required. Work experience in spot TV, spot radio, newspaper, spot cable, local magazines and outdoor is preferred. Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing plans and integrated advertising campaigns across multiple media channels a plus.
-Strong mathematical abilities required in this position. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved written or oral instructions.
-Personal Computer proficiency; MS Office preferred including MS Outlook. This position will also regularly use media buying and media research specific software.
-Excellent project management and organization skills, including proven experience in developing and executing media plans. Ability to set deadlines and work efficiently with internal and external clients.
-Must be a proactive self-starter and team player with the ability to navigate their way through a complex organization. Must be team-oriented, collaborative and have the ability to drive an agenda forward while also balancing needs of multiple conflicting stakeholders. Ability to effectively manage complex relationships with a variety of internal/external counterparts with a positive attitude. Exhibits core behaviors e.g., interpersonal relationship skills, communication, creativity, analytical/strategic thinking, problem-solving, strong work ethic, positive attitude, takes initiative, & full-scale organization (over-arching to tactical).
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Accounting and Finance
In our accounting and finance department at Cox, you’ll have the opportunity to put your core financial knowledge to work in the day-to-day operations and contribute to our long-term growth. You'll be a part of driving sound financial management by applying your knowledge and expertise, whether that’s in audits, tax compliance, analysis or another area.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs