Principal Enterprise ArchitectJob ID 1720143 Date posted 12/21/2017 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Do you have a passion for using technology to establish big-picture solutions? Are you an enterprise solutions thought leader? Videa is the place for you! We have an opening for a Principle Enterprise Architect at Videa, who will be responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership and vision for the creation of the roadmap to ensure that the solution architecture meets the requirements to establish and implement changes that will increase our sustainability and prepare us for future expansion.
In the Videa team, we foster a collaborative culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a small but mighty team and each member of our team is expected to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
- The principle enterprise architect plays a key role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architecting solutions, providing advice and guidance, technology evaluation and selection and monitoring emerging technologies.
- Provide strategic leadership and assist with building a technology roadmap that supports the business goals; ensuring our technology solutions scale at a pace that precedes the business needs.
- Champion ideas/solutions and successfully advocate for them at an executive level.
- Provide the architecture leadership and direction needed to develop and maintain our high-performance team environment that fosters innovation.
- Identify and own the accountability to resolve technology gaps/risks/discrepancies across the business models, infrastructure and cloud domain; actively anticipating and removing obstacles to delivery.
- Serve as point of architecture escalation, review, and approval for key issues, significant projects, and decisions related to architecture of the platform.
- Provide architecture subject matter expertise to help guide and support execution with focus on infrastructure and cloud integration, business architecture, and systems processing guidance.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Collaborate with boundary partners including, but not limited to users, operations, and development personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques that reflect our strategies and goals.
- Advise and direct Technology Divisions in the implementation of solutions that fulfill the Product Roadmap. Areas of concentration for 2018 include:
- Advance migration to cloud technologies across the platform.
- Embrace DevOps adoption
- Continue modularity of the platform.
- Technology Leadership
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends, standards, and methodologies thru extensive reading and attendance at conferences.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and technology thought leadership findings to constantly improve software development process/platforms as input for future vision roadmaps
- Mentor and develop Videa team members to increase employee knowledge and skills critical to support future growth.
- Lead the creation of frameworks, standards, policies, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- IT related professional course (e.g. computer networking and database management)
PMP certification or equivalent professional Project Management certification
- 2+ years’ experience defining and implementing strategies under a CIO or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience as Enterprise Architect or related field (IT Strategy, cloud, and implementation)
- 5+ years of experience administering and engineering highly available distributed systems; strong practical Linux and Windows-based system administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, cloud architecture, or operational disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Mastery of C#, Python, Java and HTML.
Specific knowledge,skills,abilities and competencies:
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Windows and Linux application servers and the distribution of applications using containers.
- Proven success architecting complex solutions related to current cloud and infrastructure frameworks and experience drafting requirements for evolving the infrastructure to support future needs.
- Solution and delivery oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong business and analytical thinking skills: He/she must be able to understand the business aspect of the job. A senior enterprise architect must be able to fathom the impact of business requirements to the existing IT system to propose practical and effective solutions and should be able to assist product owners in selecting and implementing solutions.
- Communication skill: A senior enterprise architect must be able to communicate effectively with team members and non-technical persons. He/she should be good at conveying concepts/ideas and explaining things in an easy to comprehend manner.
- Project Management Skills: He/she must have good project management abilities. He/she must be able to help Project Managers define project schedules and monitor their implementation.
- Time Management Skills: A senior enterprise architect must be very time conscious. Projects always come with time frames; therefore, a senior enterprise architect must be able to finish deliverables within the project deadlines.
- Experience in the media industry
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience transitioning from one technology stack to another
Work environment and about the entity:
The entity is an early stage start up with in the Cox Media Group family of businesses, located in Atlanta, whose goal is to rapidly bring a series of products, services and new technology to the traditional TV media marketplace. The company was started late in 2013 and is rapidly expanding its efforts to provide improved operating efficiencies in several key areas of local broadcast and traditional TV media sales
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3390 Peachtree Rd NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing