Senior BI AnalystLocation: US-GA-Atlanta Job Number 1715511 Brand CMG Newspaper Shared Services
We are seeking an innovative, curious and hard-working senior business intelligence analyst to join our growing Audience Analytics team. Analysts use our extensive database platforms, tools and data sources to create deep insights about our customers and business and then drive those insights into strategy and our transactional business. The senior BI analyst should be experienced working directly with large volumes of data using SQL, Spark (and other Hadoop technologies), Alteryx, R, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and other tools. This analyst will join a team of top-notch analysts who work collaboratively to solve problems quickly and support a fast-moving organization. Our business changes quickly so the ability to explore and understand new data and problems on deadline is key – it also means that we work hard to stay current on the latest technology and tools. The senior analyst works directly with a variety of clients including senior executives so the ability to communicate complex information in simple ways is key. This senior analyst position has the responsibility of supporting digital analytics through big data development, analysis and reporting.
• Proactively and independently use data and business knowledge to find new ways to answer key business questions and understand how to drive revenue and improved customer experiences across our newspaper, web, mobile products.
• Develop advanced analytical strategies to solve business problems and delivery them with minimal supervision. This involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes.
• Deliverables must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
• Working with advanced statistical procedures, advanced SQL functions is a key part of the day-to-day work.
• Act as a consultant with business stakeholders to help them understand what metrics and analysis will offer the insights they want as well as offer thought leadership about the direction of our business. We seek to maintain a tight alignment between analytics and business issues as well as to communicate insights and analysis results.
• Develop and maintain meaningful reporting, dashboards and data processes to help drive strategic execution and identify opportunities.
• Collaborate with other analysts to document, develop and create shared analytics resources.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Information architecture, MIS, computer science, statistics, mathematics preferred
Certifications/Specialized Training and Yrs & Type of Experience:
• 4-6 years of analytics experience working with a variety of data sources including data from subscription businesses, web and digital product data such as Site Catalyst
• Experience working in a large data environment doing SQL development
• Advanced experience with SQL is key as well as a desire to build new skills
• Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or related software required
Additional Requirements • Detail-oriented
• Knowledge of MS Office, Project Management practices
• Strong desire to learn new software, skills
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience with creative and analytical thinking – knowledge of how to ask and answer questions with data
• Experience managing large projects with a close attention to detail and high-quality performance
• Tableau, R, Alteryx skills preferred
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing