College Recruiting ReporterJob ID 1720154 Date posted 12/18/2017 Location Austin, Texas Apply
- Writer/blogger should be able to recognize breaking news and trends related to college beat and originate ideas for content
- Report and write with a strong sense of urgency, energy and tenacity
- Engages and embraces the community through frequent posts online, pieces in print and appearances in other media
- Write clearly and authoritatively, with sophistication, absolute accuracy and balance, all while doing it on deadline and in a variety of technology tools and social media platforms.
- As an editor, must understand what the fan audience needs and wants each day of the week and have the ability to see and produce socially sharable content consistently throughout the day.
- Creates photo galleries, quizzes, memes, GIFs from photographs and videos
- Manages, approves and edits/rewrites content from outside sources
- Measures and is accountable for page views and visit targets for content he or she has created
- Produce smartphone photos and videos and collect data and other information for maps, charts and other supplemental content.
- Manage time effectively, juggling long-term and short-term work. Consistently meets deadlines set for print and digital needs, including advance deadlines.
- Collaborates effectively with others, along with communicate and work effectively with a team of sports journalists to give a complete picture of sports coverage
- Must have reliable transportation, or access to it, and be able to travel within the assigned area when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience creating content for a business-to-consumer website preferred.
- Demonstrated strong news judgment.
- Established social media presence on various platforms. Interest particularly in Twitter, Facebook, lnstagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Vine, Google+. (Candidates should supply handles for verification.)
- Flexibility in shift starting times and in work location.
- Requires the ability to work non-traditional hours
- Some work may be required in either an industrial environment including noise, ink and heavy machinery or warehouse-like locations.
- Local travel is required.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing